GPA is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or other media is only used for the purposes set out in this policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller
GPA is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our contact details are as follows:
- Post: GPA Procurement (UK) Ltd, 1st Floor, Elizabeth House, 13-19 Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.
- Tel: 01423 520080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
GPA may collect your personal and sensitive personal data, including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
First and foremost, we will use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best service for you. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- Internal record-keeping.
- To provide and improve our services to you.
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to receive job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about vacancies that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To assess and match your details with job vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you. To assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs. We will obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To answer your enquiries.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- Where you have consented, to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, reports and other information, and advise you of any updates to our services. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our clients have requested including reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as GPA.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as GPA.
- The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- If GPA merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event.
Curriculum Vitae (“CV”)
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for jobs as they come up. Your CV will be stored in GPA’s database, and will be accessible by GPA recruitment consultants in the UK. You can update your CV at any time by following the same procedure as submitting your CV.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our services are all hosted from a datacentre within the EEA which is ISO27001 certified. We undertake regular vulnerability scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
GPA is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask GPA to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to accounts/tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where GPA is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you would like a copy please submit your request in writing to: Giles Sinclair, GPA Procurement (UK) Ltd, 1st Floor, Elizabeth House, 13-19 Queen Street, Leeds, LS1 2TW.
You agree that the personal data which you provide to GPA is in all respects true and accurate and is not misleading or deceptive. You agree to inform GPA in writing if any of the data you have provided is no longer accurate during the period in which GPA retains your personal data.
If you have any questions about this policy or about your personal information then please contact GPA on 01423 520080.