Job Title: Supply Chain Director
Sector: Automotive / Manufacturing
Package: £75k-£105k p.a. + Car Allowance (£800 pm) + Bonus (0-15%) + Pension (8%) + PHI (Family)
Exciting opportunity has arisen with our leading Automotive client for a Supply Chain Director to manage, motivate & lead the SCM teams to achieve supply chain goals & objectives through the use of leading & best practice SCM processes & systems.
As EU Supply Chain Director reporting to the VP Supply Chain for our leading Automotive client, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop a Supply Chain Management (SCM) team that has mastered the use of the company’s ERP system, “lean manufacturing” tools, customer systems & SCM processes to support the requirements of internal & external customers; “the right part, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantity for the right cost”
- Oversee the SCM team to ensure both customer & internal metrics are maintained at acceptable levels & a proper continuous improvement plan with defined actions, responsibilities & delivery dates that are clearly understood by the team
- Ensure the plants have solid, documented continuous improvement plans
- Support the corporate logistics team on cost saving initiatives, achievement of logistics budgets & the implementation of the logistics plan
- Support the CI process as it relates to inventory levels; ensuring the plant teams are trained in the use of the tools to ensure the right parts are ordered, obsolescence is identified, accrued & disposed of & DOH / turn objectives are achieved
- Support the SCM team & the CI process to ensure 100% on time delivery to the customer & develop CI actions for all issues preventing achievement of the objective
- Support the SCM team & Corporate Purchasing to ensure 100% OTD for purchased goods and ensure CI actions are developed for any issue preventing achievement of the objective
- Assist the plants with the implementation of a proper escalation process with increasing levels of communication, both internal & external, ensuring that both internal leadership and the external customer are aware of any potential delays to shipment prior to their occurrence
- Assist & audit the plants on the safe operation of the plants material handling equipment in accordance with published plant & corporate guidelines.
As EU Supply Chain Director, you will be/have:
- Degree qualified with proven Supply Chain leadership experience at Director/Head of level, ideally gained from Automotive &/or Manufacturing Industries
- Strong communication & leadership – able to lead, motivate & manage teams to achieve supply chain goals & objectives
- Strong interpersonal & relationship management skills & experience – ability to build relationships at all levels across the organisation
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated ability to analyse, explain, & draw logical conclusions from complex operational, financial, regulatory &/or business data
- Experience applying lean manufacturing tools (Kanban, PFEP, Level Loaded Planning, Water Spider Routing, 5s, Waste elimination, Flow Diagrams…….)
- Ideally previous knowledge of automotive customer systems & requirements (DDL, SNC, SMART, Supply Power, ANTS.)
To register your interest in this Supply Chain Director role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.