An exciting opportunity has arisen with our market leading manufacturing client in West Sussex for a dynamic, passionate & hands-on Supply Chain Coordinator with extensive experience of expediting purchase orders & deliveries with suppliers to ensure On Time Delivery to meet demanding production schedules.
As Supply Chain Coordinator reporting to the Technical Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing component deliveries with our suppliers to ensure that they are delivered in a timely fashion to meet our production schedule
- Expediting Orders: Running reports from our MRP system to establish if any deliveries are overdue and progressing these with the supplier before these affect our manufacturing operations
- Managing the requirements of various fixings/nuts/bolts that are used within the product. Ensuring the Direct Line Feed delivery is regularly taking place
- Monitoring work in progress within production to ensure any component supply issues are addressed in a timely fashion
- Reporting in Production meetings – providing concise summary of any component availability issues which could impact our ability to meet our customer’s needs
- Creating picking lists for production and spares orders and issuing them to the stores team in timely manner
- Support day to day running of strategic suppliers – ensuring goods received within agreed lead times, conforming to the necessary quality standards, correctly labelled, and within management agreed price levels and payment terms
- House-keeping activities for inventory item cards – correct prices, lead times, min and max re-order levels, blocked/obsolete items, descriptor lines. In particular to regularly liaise with engineering staff to keep abreast of production development and the effect on current product lines.
As Supply Chain Coordinator, you will have/be:
- Educated to A Level or Degree level
- Previous experience of expediting purchase orders and deliveries with suppliers
- Experience of ERP/MRP computer packages (Microsoft Dynamics 365 / Navision)
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to analyse & problem solve
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets – intermediate level
- Good communication skills (both verbal & written) liaising with various departments & suppliers
- Must speak clear fluent technical English
- Current full manual driving licence
To register your interest in this Supply Chain Coordinator role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.