Job Title: Sourcing Manager – Strategic Projects
Package: c£50k-£58k p.a. + benefits
We are seeking an experienced Sourcing Manager to develop & deliver innovative sourcing solutions & strategies for complex projects that deliver best value for our client.
If you have the drive and experience to be at the forefront of change across our client’s business and can you help them deliver projects which will leave a lasting legacy for future generations, then we want to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity to join our client, the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, in a strategic sourcing role as they continue to invest to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager for Strategic Projects, as Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading strategy development for specific complex sourcing projects whilst ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers’ expectations as well as ensuring compliance with the procurement regulations
- These projects are typically transformational in nature and value of spending in excess of £50m
- Establishing effective working relationships with both key stakeholders and the supply market whilst demonstrating the Company’s values and behaviours
- Creating innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas which challenge current ways of working and deliver best value to the business
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following the company’s sourcing methodology
- Demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health & safety and well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of the Company
- Independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion
- Meeting & exceeding benefits targets
The Sourcing Manager will have/be:
- Passionate and highly energised commercially minded self-starter seeking a new challenge
- Worked in a large complex organisation, within a multi-stakeholder environment, accomplished considerable outputs and have the ability to drive continuous improvement
- Strong commercial & contractual acumen
- Proven track record of delivering against stretch benefits targets
- Strong stakeholder engagement & relationship management – building effective relationships
- Strong internal & external communication
- Strong supplier relationship management – developing effective relationships with the supply market which generate positive and value driven outcomes
- Ideally MCIPs qualified or working towards
To register your interest in this Sourcing Manager role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.