Job Title: Sourcing Manager
Package: c£55k-£58k p.a. + benefits
We are seeking experienced Sourcing Managers to develop & manage compelling sourcing initiatives & strategies for complex projects that deliver best value for our client.
This is a great opportunity to join our client, the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, in a strategic sourcing role as they continue to invest to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
As Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading strategy development for specific complex projects
- Creating compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas which challenge current ways of working and deliver best value to the business
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following the company’s sourcing methodology
- Demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health & safety and well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Ensuring that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers’ expectations
- Demonstrating leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment and best-practice. Contributing to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects, and challenging others to do the same.
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of the Company
- Independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion
- Meeting & exceeding benefits targets
- Building deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels
The Sourcing Manager will have:
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven track record of delivery
- Strong stakeholder engagement & relationship management – building effective relationships
- Strong internal & external communication
- Strong supplier relationship management – developing effective relationships with the supply market which generate positive and value driven outcomes
- Ideally MCIPs qualified or working towards
- Ideally Degree educated or equivalent
To register your interest in this Sourcing Manager role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.