Job Title: Senior Sourcing Manager – IT/Digital
Package: c£70k p.a. + benefits
We are seeking experienced a Senior Sourcing Manager to develop & manage multiple compelling sourcing initiatives & strategies for complex projects that deliver best value for our client.
This is a great opportunity to join our client, the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, in a senior strategic sourcing role as they continue to invest to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
As Senior Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Leading strategy development for specific complex projects
- Creating compelling and innovative sourcing strategies for complex areas which challenge current ways of working and deliver best value to the business
- Leading and coaching a small team of sourcing professionals
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team through the procurement process with full customer engagement and following the company’s sourcing methodology
- Demonstrating that sustainability, innovation and risk management, collaboration, health & safety and well-being are effectively considered and managed through each initiative
- Ensuring that sourcing projects are delivered on time, achieving optimum risk allocation, best value and fulfilling customers’ expectations
- Demonstrating leadership within the Commercial Team by always striving for the highest standards of professionalism, high energy, commitment and best-practice. Contributing to the delivery of your team’s targets by maintaining a fast pace in all sourcing projects, and challenging others to do the same.
- Applying a creative and agile approach to negotiation to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst at all times cognisant of being a representative of the Company
- Independently leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion
- Meeting & exceeding benefits targets
- Building deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels
The Senior Sourcing Manager will have/be:
- Strong commercial and contractual acumen
- Strong category experience (Digital portfolio essential; other categories desirable)
- Experienced in Strategic sourcing in a multi stakeholder environment
- Solid experience in enabling effective decision making at a Senior level
- Experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Track record in continuous improvement and ability to deliver against stretching targets
- Experience in programme, project and performance management
- Self-starter – resilient and tenacious under pressure
- Ideally MCIPS/ Degree educated or equivalent
- Firm understanding and experience of operating Utilities Contract Regulations 2016
- Outstanding communication skills and customer service ethic
To register your interest in this Sourcing Manager role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.