Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Package: £40-48k + car + benefits
Currently seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our high-profile utilities client in a senior commercial role. Leading commercial projects that focus on the commercial management and commercial assurance of alliances alongside project delivery.
As the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will:
- Be part of the business Commercial area including supporting Sourcing and Contract Management functions.
- Provide Commercial Assurance to the Alliance Contracts. Ensure that payments are made on time and in accordance with the Contracts
- Ensure that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on portfolio of Contracts to ensure that Contractual Compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
- Support the management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with Finance) on their portfolio of Contracts
- Assist the Sourcing and Contract Managers with the implementation of robust commercial processes with their Third Party Suppliers and provide them with commercial support when required.
- As a Senior Member of the QS Team provide commercial advice and guidance to other team members as required
- Assist the Managing Quantity Surveyor with the management and strategic development of the QS Team.
Key skills required:
- Have significant experience in delivery of projects with commercial and contractual knowledge.
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor status or desire to work towards gaining Chartered Status, ideally with Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Some negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Ideally knowledge of Utilities regulation
- Knowledge of risks associated with delivery of projects
- Self-starter, resilient and tenacious under pressure
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.