Job Title: Category Managers
Sector: Public Sector
Package: C£42k – C£50k p.a. + London Allowance + Pension
Are you looking for a role where you provide commercial advice to stakeholders managing strategic bottleneck categories, and supporting a Contract Management team in the management of Strategic contracts? If so, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a number of Senior Category Managers and Category Managers who will develop category strategies and deliver sourcing requirements within Commercial Services.
In this role you will:
- Provide a procurement service which delivers demonstrable value for money and compliant goods and services contracts as part of a team of procurement professionals supporting business as usual and project activities.
- Develop stakeholder relationships, enabling early engagement and challenging business demand and need.
- Provide commercial advice to stakeholders on all aspects of commercial
- Manage ‘Strategic’/’Bottleneck’ categories and or support Contract Management team in management of Strategic contracts within relevant category.
- Support the development of specifications to deliver requirements that are in line with business needs, category strategy and market trends.
- Engage where required, with the relevant senior business lead, ensuring that business requirements are supported by category strategies.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant contracts.
You will be/have:
- A highly effective communicator who can work with a range of senior stakeholders and senior managers.
- A good level of understanding across category discipline and the ability to work with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skill. Open minded and a good listener (to understand differing needs) but also persuasive and influential at a senior level.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to deal with complaints/escalations and bring to a successful conclusion.
- A successful career in procurement with strong category management experience with demonstrable achievements centred of best value and efficiency via leading edge category solutions
- A comprehensive understanding EU Procurement Legislation (Public Contract Regulations and Defence and Security Public Contract Regulations.
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards.
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.