Job Title: Production Planner
Sector: Food Manufacturing
Location: North East
Package: £25k-£30k p.a. + benefits
Experienced Production Planner required for our Food Manufacturing client in the North East to effectively plan all SKU’s daily to fulfil customer demands on time in full (OTIF) whilst optimizing line efficiencies and all resources including raw materials and packaging.
As Production Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Planning – Generation of daily plans for all production lines of designated site, covering all product groups to service customer demand daily whilst optimizing line efficiencies.
- Analysis – To ensure daily logbook is accurate and all data is captured. To reconcile daily stock take figures with real stock for all products, identifying any discrepancies and taking action where necessary. To utilize product shelf life to gain maximum stock holding efficiency whilst minimizing waste.
- Communication – To attend the daily planning meeting of designated site, ensuring customer demands are met on time in full for the next 24 hours. Where potential problems are identified ensure relevant parties are informed. To be the central point of communication for the planning function.
- Cost & Efficiencies – To ensure production plan maximizes line efficiencies by proactively scheduling SKU’s to reduce product changeovers. Consideration of recipes, cutters, toppings and size and priority of orders needs to be made as well as stock levels and shelf life for each SKU.
- Raw materials and packaging – to support the material schedulers in ensuring the right quantities are available at each site to meet the production plan/customer forecast.
- Stock Control – ensuring stock holding does not exceed prescribed parameters.
As Production Planner, you will be/have:
- Previous Production Planning and/or Material Scheduler experience
- Food Industry / Manufacturing Environment experience
- Strong communication skills
- Relationship Management – building relationships internally throughout the business – Sales, Forecasting, Purchasing, Production, Warehousing etc
- Excellent analytical, numerical & IT skills – Excel, SAP
To register your interest in this Production Planner role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.