Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Package: £45,000 – £51,950 p.a. + benefits
Do you have the drive, passion & experience required to develop & deliver joint EU procurement & commercial solutions across various Works & Services projects & contracts for our leading Utilities client in Surrey. Interested?
As part of ongoing collaboration with another local Utilities firm, an opportunity has arisen to support and deliver best practice procurement through joint procurement and commercial management. As Procurement Specialist reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible for:
- Procurement and commercial delivery of various projects and contracts (works, services and supplies) in accordance with EU procurement regulations and company procedures.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships.
- Develop strategies for various categories of expenditure.
- Engage with stakeholders to identify business requirements, develop contract & procurement strategies and prepare specifications.
- Deliver procurement process from “cradle to grave” including: pre-qualification, invitation to tender, negotiations, internal approvals and contract award in accordance with EU procurement regulations where applicable.
- Manage contract and commercial arrangements including: performance reviews, opportunities for efficiencies, innovative solutions, contract renegotiations etc.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships, manage risk and ensure compliance.
- Prepare activity programme and regular progress reports.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Committed, motivated and proactive with strong commercial acumen
- Proven experience of regulated procurement and commercial delivery
- Regulated procurement experience i.e. public or utilities EU procurement regulations
- Contract and commercial management
- Strong supplier relationship management
- Experience of developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Numerate, analytical and problem solving
- Effective negotiation and influencing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organised – working to programme milestones and deadlines
- Educated to HNC or degree level, or equivalent, and a full Member of CIPS or working towards this qualification
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.