Job Title: Procurement Specialist – M&E & Building Services
Sector: Public Sector
Location: London or Kent
Package to £50,000 p.a. + benefits
Do you have the drive, determination and experience required to fulfil this exciting role where you will join a newly formed Group Procurement team, charged with delivering significant business benefits? If so, we would like to hear from you.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading housing associations in the UK, with 97,000 homes which hold an asset value in excess of £23bn. The organisation has the largest and most ambitious residential development programme in the sector, with plans to deliver 100,000 new homes over the next 10 years. From partnerships with small housing associations and SMEs to the creation of whole new towns, this is a truly unique opportunity.
Their vision is that everyone should have a quality home they can afford, and they combine their social purpose and commercial drive to create homes and neighbourhoods to be proud of.
You will be MCIPS qualified with demonstrable category management experience of large value contracts in both the public and private sectors. A successful track record of managing a portfolio of categories and delivering outstanding value, together with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are all essential for this role.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Procurement Team to deliver an excellent procurement service for the Group. Be responsible for the day-to-day planning and organisation of procurement projects across
- Procure large-scale contracts, ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation including EU procurement regulations. Take responsibility for the day-to-day planning and organisation of procurement projects.
- Produce tender and contract documents, including Key Performance Indicators in liaison with other teams and external advisors (where appropriate) to ensure contracts achieve value for money through innovative packaging, cost savings and improved service levels. Liaise with client and the Leasehold Services Team to ensure that, where necessary, legally compliant leasehold consultation is undertaken, to enable delivery of the Procurement Programme. Liaise with the H&S team to ensure all contracts incorporate the necessary health & Safety requirements.
- Working with Internal and external customers, evaluate procurement options for contracts including the use of external frameworks and consortia, incorporating management of the supply chain where appropriate. Maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners including contractors, solicitors, residents and other Housing Associations.
- Take responsibility for identifying, incorporating and reporting cost and efficiency measures included in procurement projects. Produce detailed reports at key stages of the procurement process to ensure targeted cost savings are met.
- Ensure regulatory and governance compliance. In particular, comply with the legal requirements regarding publicly funded procurement including relevant notifications via the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU). Monitor contracts in liaison with other teams to ensure compliance with contract conditions and make recommendations to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintain the necessary relevant Trust records and systems to ensure transparency and a clear audit trail. Update the supplier list and contract register.
- To be aware of and manage risks associated with areas under the jobholder’s control having particular regard to potential penalties for non-compliance with EU legislation.
- Experience in EU Public Sector Procurement
- Experience of high value complex procurements
- Experience in mechanical & electrical, building services and construction related procurement
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to demonstrate commercial and financial acumen, must be able to articulate the benefits of defined procurement process
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative independently
- Ability to manage changing priorities
- Ability to manage complex financial data
- MCIPS qualified
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.