Job Title: Procurement Manager
Sector: Public Sector/Higher Education
Package: to £43,434 + Benefits
Are you looking for an exciting challenge where you can make a difference? This exciting Procurement Manager post is a strategic position to ensure procurement strategies, continuous improvement and ‘Responsible Procurement’ objectives are achieved.
Our client is seeking to appoint a self-motivated and conscientious individual with a strong commitment to commercial acumen, procurement deliverables and customer service excellence.
The Procurement department is responsible for ca £116m non-pay expenditure across the University and its subsidiary companies. This post will contribute to ensure the procurement department remains an integral strategic function and continue the department’s evolution upwards on its Procurement Maturity Assessment journey, to deliver greater Value for Money outcomes for both capital and revenue expenditure.
In this role you will:
- Pursue procurement excellence and value for money through the implementation of professional, efficient and effective procurement processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Define, develop and lead a defined portfolio of sourcing categories as determined by the Head of Procurement.
- Undertake the full tender and due diligence process including appraisals for potential suppliers, commercial evaluation, negotiation for high value, contentious or strategic contract award, risk register recording, business continuity management, contract creation with service deliverables.
- Manage and monitor all contracts that the post holder is responsible for including accurate information presented within the electronic contract management system, management information analysed, key performance indicators assessed, and service level agreement adherence.
You will have:
- Knowledge and experience of legislative and regulatory requirements in respect of tendering through the Public Contracts Regulations and Consortia Frameworks
- The ability to deliver a full end to end procurement service including pre-market analysis and tendering, through to contract award and contract management.
- Proven substantial experience in a procurement function in either a public sector or commercial environment covering a broad spectrum of business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with the highest levels of professionalism and ethical behaviour.
- A proven aptitude for team working whilst still being able to work on your own initiative to deliver desired outcomes and solutions.
- Educated to a minimum of a degree standard or equivalent relevant qualification and be a fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS), or equivalent.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.