Our client, a large, high performing and growing public sector procurement organisation with a national reputation for excellence is looking for experienced procurement professionals to fulfil several Procurement Manager roles across IT/Technology and Corporate Services.
These Procurement Manager roles are exciting opportunities where you can make a difference in a truly end to end sourcing lifecycle role spanning both category and contract management. As well as developing and delivering the appropriate strategy for your spend area, you will actively manage strategic suppliers and their contracts.
These Procurement Manager roles are currently being recruited on either a permanent or Fixed Term Contract (FTC) basis.
As Procurement Manager you will:
- Lead the development, maintenance and implementation of category strategies across IT/Technology or Corporate Services.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches and solutions in the delivery of complex projects to enhance levels of service and minimise costs.
- Manage strategic suppliers to ensure they consistently achieve the performance standards set out in contracts and that adequate controls are in place to protect the Authority’s interests.
- Lead key procurement projects to deliver commercially & financially viable services – value for money.
- IT: lead large scale cross organisational IT sourcing and manage strategic IT supplier
- Corporate Services: be part of transformational work to drive efficiency in our client’s tail spend programme.
The successful applicants will be joining the team at an exciting time, building on excellent foundations to support the adoption of best practice approaches with the aim of ensuring that the Procurement function is seen as ‘best in class’.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for the Procurement Manager roles:
- Educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification such as MCIPS and or equivalent demonstrable work experience with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Knowledge of category management and experience of using this methodology in complex commercial environments to deliver significant cost or service improvements.
- A demonstrable track record of managing multi-million pound strategic contracts in business critical environments. This should include evidence of defining, measuring and improving key elements of supplier performance.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements in large, strategic arrangements with evidence of generating significant cost and service benefits.
These Procurement Manager roles have the options for a highly flexible, hybrid way of working with potential for being office based or remote working. A degree of mobility will be required as there is expectation that some meetings may be held at partners or supplier’s premises and there will be occasions when you will be required to attend the office.
To register your interest in these Procurement Manager roles, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.