Job Title: Procurement Manager – Operational Support
Sector: Food Manufacturing
Location: UK wide (home based with extensive UK travel)
Package: c£50k-£55k p.a. + Car Allowance (£5,460 p.a.) + Bonus (5%) + PMI (self)
Our client, one of Britain’s biggest food companies creating the food our nation loves most for modern life and with many of its leading brands in around 94% of UK households, as well as across multiple international markets has an urgent requirement for a Procurement Manager – Operational Support (Capital, MRO & FM).
A new opportunity has arisen within our client’s Operational Support procurement category for a highly strategic individual and experienced Capital, MRO & FM Procurement Manager, to provide day to day management of these categories, and support key stakeholder and Head of Category requirements.
The role of Procurement Manager – Operational Support is a dynamic, varied role covering operational procurement, contract, risk management and day to day activities. This role will be the go-to person for resolving all operational issues across these categories.
As Procurement Manager – Operational Support, you will be accountable and responsible for:
- Providing procurement support to Operations for the Capital, MRO (Parts & Services) and FM categories.
- Supporting Head of Category in day to day activities
- Tendering & contracting
- Risk Management – identifying, mitigating & monitoring risk
- Developing and implementing sustainable sourcing strategies that support business objectives
- Identifying, negotiating and implementing collaborative relationships with key suppliers where appropriate.
- Managing Supplier Relationships – Performance Management
To be successful in this Procurement Manager – Operational Support role, you will require the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Experienced Procurement Manager with proven Capital, MRO (Parts & Services) & Facilities Management (FM) experience
- Procurement competency – in depth knowledge & experience of tendering & contracting; negotiation; performance management; strategic sourcing; risk management & Supplier relationship management
- Proven track record of delivery
- Self-starter & able to work on own initiative
- CIPS desirable
To register your interest in this Procurement Manager – Ingredients role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.