Job Title: Procurement Consultant
Sector: Business Services
Location: London (with weekly business travel)
Package: £45k-£62k p.a. + Benefits
Exciting client facing procurement consultancy & delivery role for an experienced & driven procurement professional to deliver Indirect procurement solutions for our client’s key accounts. Interested?
We have a great opportunity with our client for a passionate Procurement professional looking to move to a more exciting position as a Consultant.
Engagements will vary, working across amazing public or private sector clients and a range of markets. Therefore, geographic locations and duration of specific engagements will also vary. The nature of each assignment will vary dependent on the contractual requirements but may include: Supporting Opportunity Assessment, Savings Delivery, Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Supplier Relationship Management, Transformation activities and Project Management.
Engagements may include working across multiple categories of spend or require development in specific subject matter expertise. In addition to client delivery you will be a member of a Category Team supporting internal business development in areas such as product development, best practice and innovation, market shaping, knowledge sharing and sales opportunities. Most of the work we do is around indirect product so experience in this area is pivotal.
As Procurement Consultant (Senior Consultant – Procurement), you will have:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering indirect procurement projects with some strategy development and supporting category management.
- Experience of developing relationships and working with stakeholders and suppliers. Demonstrates track record in supplier selection, negotiation, implementation and complex contract management delivering cost/ savings targets.
- Some experience working in a complex and changing environment with demanding business objectives.
- Has knowledge of sourcing across categories and industry sectors.
- Experienced in working in a matrix structures would be advantageous.
As Procurement Consultant (Senior Consultant – Procurement), you will be:
- Degree educated
- Proficiency with Excel
- Working towards MCIPS qualification or a relevant business subject
The role might include travel and therefore will require an individual with flexibility to work across multiple locations and be on client site/company offices a minimum of four days a week. Whilst our client aims to keep stays away from home to 2-3 nights per week, it is possible that engagements will require more.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to email@example.com or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.