Job Title: Logistics Manager
Sector: Automotive / Manufacturing
Package: £56k-£80k p.a. + Car Allowance (£575 pm) + Bonus (10%) + Pension (8%)
Exciting opportunity has arisen with our leading Automotive client for an experienced Logistics Manager to manage, motivate & lead the Logistics team to achieve supply chain goals & objectives through the use of best practice Logistics & SCM processes.
As Logistics Manager reporting to the Senior Director Supply Chain Management for our leading Automotive client, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the procurement of logistics in all modes of transportation, ensuring the buy is leveraged and pricing in all aspects and modes optimized to achieve company financial objectives
- Manage continuous activities and Plan For Every Part (PFEP) reviews with the plants and logistics providers to facilitate the achievement of company objectives
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance as it pertains to logistics
- Develop and execute an optimized packaging strategy
- Source and manage all vendors to ensure logistics is moving effectively, efficiently and adequate communication exists between the plants, suppliers and carriers at all times regarding transportation
- Support the programme teams with logistics cost estimating and modelling
As Logistics Manager, you will be/have:
- Degree qualified with proven senior Logistics leadership experience, ideally gained from Automotive &/or Manufacturing Industries
- Knowledge of automotive logistics business practices, JIT concepts, basic CTPAT & customs regulations
- Strong communication & leadership – able to lead, motivate & manage teams to achieve supply chain goals & objectives
- Strong interpersonal & relationship management skills & experience – ability to build relationships at all levels across the organisation
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated ability to analyse, explain, & draw logical conclusions from complex operational, financial, regulatory &/or business data
- US Customs certification & packaging engineering experience a plus
To register your interest in this Supply Chain Director role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.