Experienced Buyer required to procure all Indirect materials & services for our FMCG client’s key production site in the North East.
As Indirect Material Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to ensure all expenditure for indirect materials & services are procured in a compliant & cost effective method for the business to align business profits, and improve performance for UK plants.
- Negotiating UK commercials (price, lead-time, payment terms, etc.) covering indirect materials/services/CAPEX for your site.
- Ensuring commercial terms are maintained in SAP & that invoice queries are minimised & resolved.
- Taking ownership of dedicated categories of indirect spend – FM/HR/PS/Marketing/IT & Engineering Services.
- Effective control of supplier relationships.
- Managing suppliers & internal stakeholders to ensure right commercials, parts, equipment, services is used to improve business profits & purchasing performance.
- Liaising with appropriate colleagues within Engineering/Facilities/HR/Marketing & any other department requiring external equipment or services.
- Stakeholder & Supplier Relationship Management – building & maintaining robust relationships with internal stakeholders & external suppliers to enable engagement & alignment with purchasing strategies.
- Building a deep understanding & knowledge of specific spend areas to facilitate effective sourcing.
- Managing procurement activities for the category from sourcing to award which may involve differing levels of activity & involvement, determined by spend/complexity/risk.
- Providing support to the UK Purchasing Manager on cost-reduction initiatives, CAPEX projects & supplier performance improvements. Seek out & build a pipeline of savings projects.
As Indirect Material Buyer, you will be/have:
- CIPS qualified or working towards
- Educated to A level or above
- Previous operational & strategic sourcing experience of indirect materials & services – CAPEX/FM/HR/PS/Marketing/Engineering Services etc
- Proven track record of delivery
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical, numerical & IT skills – Excel, SAP
To register your interest in this Indirect Material Buyer role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.