Job Title: Head of Commercial
Sector: Business Services
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Package: £80,000 – £85,000 p.a. + Benefits
Do you have the gravitas and proven commercial acumen to provide industry leading client procurement services – developing & delivering best in class HR and L&D related procurement solutions for private & public sector clients?
A great new opportunity for a Head of Commercialt has arisen with our client, a leader in Learning and Development Transformation. You will ensure Supplier Management remains relevant, lead a highly motivated and performing team and to further secure profitable growth and wider market appeal. In this role, you will lead relationships with the senior leadership team, client teams, clients, and other internal and external stakeholders, to enhance the direction of the department and grow the team’s capabilities, operating performance and market positioning.
If you can work with internal stakeholders & external customers to challenge the status quo and bring about change through creating & delivering innovative solutions to deliver cost savings and process improvement & efficiencies whilst putting the Customer first, then this is the role for you.
As Head of Commercial, you will:
- Lead a highly effective team and own the Supplier Management strategy that aims to Improve business revenues, optimise business supplier operational efficiency and develop recognisable value creation for clients, suppliers and business partners
- Lead, own and manage the development of new and existing strategies and supplier led propositions. This will involve overseeing and application of key principles of research, identification and creation of commercial initiatives programmes
- Ownership of building supplier capabilities and maintain a relevant and prioritised Supplier Roadmap to inform client teams, technology and business readiness planning – aligning them to the business strategic aims and market relevance
- Oversee the supplier life cycle of all assigned services products aligning to businesses strategic aims and market relevance
- Define why and what supplier products services the Company has or should have in the market place, to prioritise activities and resources
- Shape the value of our supplier proposition built on effective strategies that listen to our clients, partners and market
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrable experience within a similar management role (ideally within an outsourced environment)
- Previous HR and Learning & Development strategic sourcing & supplier management experience
- Excellent people skills and the ability to manage multi-level relationships
- MCIPS qualified or studying towards MCIPS (or demonstrable equivalent experience)
- An ability to demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrable revenue and cost management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a core and wider team
- Decisive thinker, with the ability to influence and challenge at senior levels
- Previous experience in leading a high performing team
- Learning industry experience (highly desirable)
- Experience of managing C-Suite relationships and nurturing long-term objectives
Our client is a leader in Learning and Development Transformation whose expertise covers everything from strategic learning consultancy to managed learning services, curriculum design and training delivery to digital and competency management. They also specialise in apprenticeships and pre-employment programmes. You’ll be joining a team who are passionate about innovation and who take pride in making learning and training the best experience possible.
This is a great opportunity to lead transformation & change across HR & Learning Services customer procurement. You will have the autonomy to build best in class capabilities, processes and solutions for your clients – building robust relationships and innovative solutions in a cost savings targeted environment.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.