Job Title: Head of Category
Sector: Business Services
Package: c£80k-£100k + full benefits (car, bonus, pension etc)
Exciting senior Procurement Transformation opportunities for experienced procurement professionals as Head of Category – part of major transformation & business change to develop, lead & implement centralised procurement category strategies across Group.
As part of a wider corporate transformation programme our client is restructuring its procurement operations to reflect best corporate practice, optimise its spend leverage, raise the quality of its procurement skills and utilise its off shore capabilities to create a highly efficient team. The objective of the central procurement team will be to manage all external spend by the Group and ensure key strategic suppliers are closely monitored and aligned to its needs.
As Head of Category you will manage one of the core categories across the group that has critical business impact. Categories range in spend from between £100m to £250m and cover:
- IT spend across Hardware, Software and Services categories
- Human Resources
- Professional Services
Managing value delivery, on-going performance and the risk represented by the substantial supply base is of critical importance.
As a member of the Procurement and Sourcing Leadership Team your key objectives are to build and lead delivery of the Category Teams capability, ensuring consistent and effective sourcing (external and internal); risk management and innovation to simplify the supply chain.
- Responsible for the allocation of resources and capacity management across the category team.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams of operational stakeholders, sourcing and commercial managers through the sourcing process to deliver breakthrough results that deliver commercial advantage for the business.
- Responsible for ensuring suppliers provide value for money and business benefit to the company, including innovative proposals.
- Expected to have in depth knowledge of commercial and contract management trends in the respective supply markets to apply best practice to supplier management.
- Development of relationships with existing Suppliers that leverage spend to reduce costs whilst delivering innovation and benefit to our business.
- Develop new strategic relationships with new suppliers and partners to meet customer needs and requirements that allow us to differentiate the business in the market.
- Lead cost management exercises to identify waste and drive immediate savings in external costs.
- Identify opportunities to exploit economies of scale (group leverage, standardization, normalization of suppliers etc.)
- Working with Business Partners and stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry and related Divisional business models is essential;
- The role is critical in driving improved customer experiences and reducing risk through the supply base within the categories.
- The individual will be recognised externally and internally as an SME in their category area.As Head of Category, you will Create and deliver a long-term Category vision, with a clear strategy and operating plan, aligning Category Teams objectives to the Group, business strategy and improving the measurable contribution of the Team to business performance.
- Direct accountability and responsibility for the development and delivery of the relevant Category Strategies.
- To adopt, lead and implement Supplier Relationship Management as an effective and efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards and governance/risk mechanisms.
- To ensure that all supplier agreements are effectively implemented by the Sourcing Managers and Buyers within the category team.
- To work as a Divisional Business Partner to ensure all procurement activity aligns as effectively as possible to corporate goals and deliver continuous improvement and innovation. .
- To have an insight and understanding of business requirements and relevant market developments on a 1-3 year horizon.
- Results and Performance: To be accountable for the quality and effectiveness of delivery measured by an agreed balanced scorecard to achieve service and financial outcomes
- Represent the company in the markets that they operate, building the external profile of the company and of the company as a customer of choice for key suppliers;
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.