Job Title: Contracts Manager – Facilities & Utilities Services
Package: £45-55k depending on experience + benefits
Our high profile utilities client is immediately hiring for an experienced Contracts Manager with a background in complex commercial and operational supplier management. This is a demanding, critical role, and presents a great opportunity for the right candidate.
As the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
The Contracts Manager will:
- Be responsible for a portfolio of high-value Facilities & Utilities Services contracts as well as developing a small team.
- Continually work towards delivering best value and driving commercial improvements
- You will ensure suppliers deliver in line with their agreements, monitor their performance and build ongoing relationships. You will be working closely with suppliers to push for innovations and cost-effective solutions.
- Structure, bid and negotiate contracts from a company perspective to achieve optimum risk allocation and best value
- Adhere to and support the development of enduring contract management processes.
- Ensure that all processes followed are in line with legislation and company policies and are fully auditable.
- Drive continuous improvement in contract development through close engagement with internal and external customers.
- Effectively consider and manage through each initiative: compliance, deliverables, innovation, risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being.
- Implement stakeholder and client engagement plans at an individual level and participate in team level stakeholder engagement plans over a long period of time in a complex stakeholder environment.Key skills required:
- A strong technical understanding of contract and commercial management from complex environments with demonstrable results in driving process improvements.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly-experienced individual with a robust background in customer-facing engagement. You will have great attention to detail, exceptional analytical / numerical skills and an ability to communicate information & influence key stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence and lead a team.
- Ideally educational achievement to Degree level or equivalent e.g. CIPS
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.