Job Title: Contract Specialist – ICT or FM
Package: £32,627 rising to £41,072 p.a. (with annual increments) + £2,930 London Weighting + Pension
Are you looking for a Contract Specialist role where you’re involved in managing & supporting contracts & suppliers and contribute to delivering commercial excellence for our high profile public sector client? If so, this may be the opportunity for you.
This role is an integral part of Commercial Services. Working with one or more business groups. You will provide essential commercial support to the business, proactively managing one or more key and providing a customer focused service, understanding the business need and stakeholder drivers, with the aim of becoming a trusted commercial advisor.
This role is dedicated initially to the management and support of ICT or FM contracts and suppliers however you may be required to support other categories as required.
- Commercially astute with a track record of delivering financial benefits through effective contract management
- Experience of negotiating and managing contracts in a multi-sourcing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of contract law and interpretation of service agreements/contracts/frameworks
- Track record and understanding of commercial contract management processes and performance management regimes
- An understanding of commercial life cycle management and standard sourcing methodologies and an understanding of regulatory frameworks such as EU Public Contract Regulations
- A self-starter, a positive mindset and willing to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as a team
- Experience of dealing with demand challenges in a complex and operational environment
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills – the ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written) – Able to interact and effectively influence stakeholders, building collaborative relationships where appropriate. Engages with users to understand requirements, influencing decision making, able to effectively question and challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Working knowledge of purchasing processes (Purchase – to – Pay)
- CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification (or actively working towards)
- Knowledge of ITIL, CMMI and/or other service management methodology
Due to Security Vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment