Job Title: Commercial Officer
Sector: Public Sector
Salary: to c£37k p.a. + Benefits
Are you looking for a new role where there is an opportunity to fast track and progress your career? If so, this Commercial Officer role is not to be missed. Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join their Commercial Services Team where you will be responsible for supporting commercial activities including strategic sourcing, contract management and commercial matters.
You will have the following experience:
- Running procurement processes using a recognised sourcing/category management model;
- running multiple, simultaneous procurements;
- producing tender documentation;
- managing contracts/contractors, professional advisers and staff resources to achieve corporate objectives;
- undertaking market, spend and supplier analysis;
- stakeholder management; and
- delivering procurement projects within budget and on time
- Drafting contracts and schedules, (ideally in IT or with some understanding of IT contracts)
- Procurement and sourcing models and strategies;
- Government procurement framework agreements;
- Public Contracts Regulations;
- IT proficient, primarily with Microsoft Office Packages and e-tendering applications;
- Strategic sourcing management tools and techniques;
- Creative and dynamic, strong on lateral thinking, bringing fresh ideas and proposing new but risk evaluated solutions;
- Articulate and robust in presenting ideas;
- Good influencing, communication and negotiating skills, the ability to work with colleagues at all levels in the organisation;
- A good organiser of own and team members’ time and activities;
- Able to identify risks, issues and priorities and escalate these to team members in a timely manner;
- Committed to making a positive difference to the organisation;
- Good oral communication skills with the ability communicate complex information in a confident manner;
- Good writing skills with demonstrable ability to communicate complex information in a variety of formats.
Ideally you will hold one of the following qualifications or have relevant demonstrable experience:
- MCIPS or studying
- International Association for Contract and Commercial Management
To register your interest in this Commercial Officer role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.