Job Title: Commercial Contract Manager
Package: c£55k-£58k p.a. + benefits
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Contract Manager to manage a number of core spend categories and deliver robust in life management and exceptional value.
As the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
As Contract Manager, you will:
- Own the supplier-client experience for a significant portfolio
- Be responsible for managing a number of spend categories within an overall portfolio: delivering robust in life management of their agreements, ensuring and driving OJEU compliance, delivering exceptional value to the business as measured by customer satisfaction, enhanced cost benefits, effective market engagement, improved risk mitigation, greater efficiency, and strong compliance with our Contract Management processes, policies, and tools
- Be accountable for ensuring that procedures that guide and direct contract compliance and performance, mitigating legal and business risks
- Identification of pipeline of strategic sourcing and contract management initiatives for specific category areas
- Ensuring preparation and execution of structured, mutually beneficial and sustainable negotiations
- Ensuring contract management initiatives provide rigorous cost and market analysis
- Delivering maximum value from all third party spend within your portfolio, realising benefits through development and implementation of Category Strategies for all key areas of spend
You will have:
- Strong proven commercial and contractual acumen
- Firm understanding and experience of operating Utilities Contract Regulations 2016
- Experience in enabling effective decision making
- Used to working in benefit driven organisations and track record of meeting benefits targets
- Track record in developing and implementing category strategies
- Experience of working in a contract management role
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Ideally Degree educated or equivalent
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.