Job Title: Category Manager – 3rd Party Logistics
Sector: Food Manufacture
Location: West Brom
Package: £50k-£57k p.a. + Car/Allowance (£6k) + Bonus (0-15%) + Pension
Experienced Category Manager required by our Food Manufacturing client in the West Midlands to develop and deliver the strategic procurement of Indirect goods & services and 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) at optimal cost, quality and service.
As Category Manager reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will develop and deliver the strategic procurement of Indirect goods & services and 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) at the optimal cost given the quality and service required.
The role of the Category Manager – Indirects & 3rd Party Logistics is accountable for:
- Conducting strategic category review for Indirects, in particular 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) with a view to achieving savings (surcharge) targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives (eg value chain, CSR, innovation etc).
- Be the category expert and first point of contact for responsible spend areas.
- Working closely with senior business stakeholders, including the relevant Group companies as appropriate, in order to fully understand the business needs.
- Completing annual budget for categories and re-forecast against this on a monthly basis.
- Managing commodity pricing information in order to support commercial and business objectives.
- Developing and implementing clear commodity management strategies where appropriate to identify and mitigate risk.
- Negotiating terms of trade with suppliers. Manage ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level.
- Establishing and managing strategic relationships with suppliers ensuring relevant performance targets are met and that the strategic relationship is leveraged to maximize efficiencies and value.
- Ensuring sourcing strategy considers the risks relevant to the category and reduce business exposure.
- Ensure regulatory and legislative requirements are met for individual categories.
- Supporting and coaching more junior members of the team as appropriate and deputising for the Head of Procurement where appropriate
- Ownership for cross-category or cross-functional projects that involve supplier-related issues
The ideal candidate for the Category Manager – Indirects & 3rd Party Logistics role will have/be:
- Previous 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) strategic sourcing & category management experience
- Resilient with a proactive focus on reducing business costs. Good knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked.
- Excellent execution: Develop skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan. Ability to balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals.
- Strategic thinking capability: Makes balanced recommendations.
- Strong Communication & Influencing skills: influencing people at all levels, internal & external.
- Customer focused: Understands the customer requirements in terms of the categories of spend and become the category expert. Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal/external stakeholders.
- Team player: Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals
- Leadership: Inspires others to follow through example, coaching, setting direction and performance standards.
- In depth knowledge of negotiation, contract law, manufacturing, value engineering, forecasting, competitor analysis, market structure and analysis, project management
- Degree qualified and MCIPS or equivalent
To register your interest in this Category Manager role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.