Job Title: Buyer
Package: c£30k p.a. + benefits
Due to our client’s growth strategy, an opportunity has become available for an experienced Buyer to join their dynamic and exciting business.
Working as part of the Supply Chain Department, as Buyer you will be responsible for the purchasing and effective management of stock levels for a portion of our client’s product portfolio. This is an exciting operational purchasing role working in a fast-paced retail/trade environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career.
As Buyer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the performance of suppliers and ensuring that goods get delivered on time and in full.
- Responsible for all UK suppliers
- Placing orders with suppliers, updating all data aspects of the supply chain, including order confirmations, expected delivery dates, delay reporting, chasing overdue information & goods.
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Work alongside other members of the Purchasing department regarding pricing maintenance, stock holding and deliveries.
- Continual communication with the Operations Department regarding delivery forecasts
- Working closely with the Service and Sales Departments regarding stock issues
- Tracking of supplier price increases and understanding the key drivers behind them.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding the return of stock and ensure all supplier debit notes are received in a timely manner.
- Constantly question current practices, identifying improvement opportunities and implementing process changes with Managers.
- P/O housekeeping – ensuring all P/O are closed/completed and records kept up to date
- Expedite all MTM/Back to Back/Paint to order/worktop Orders
The ideal Buyer will have:
- Supply chain experience, ideally demand planning related
- Broad knowledge of forecasting and inventory control
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills – ability to deal with large amounts of complex data
- Good organisational skills
- Open communicator – able to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms
- Team player
- Ability to drive and deliver new initiatives and process improvements
- Familiar with lean concepts and tools
- Experience of working in the KBB industry
- Experience of Lean, Six Sigma or other continuous improvement
- Educated to degree level
To register your interest in this Buyer role, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to email@example.com, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.