Job Title: Buyer – Manufacturing
Sector: Manufacturing / Engineering
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Package: £35 – 40k + Benefits
A unique opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a leading Electro-Mechanical Manufacturing organisation in a challenging and demanding Buyer / Planner role. Do you have the industry expertise, procurement knowledge and personal gravitas our client is seeking?
Our client is a leading manufacturer of components and assemblies that are used in a range of industrial and analytical equipment. These include instruments used for the manufacture of silicon chips for the electronic industry though to mass spectrometers that are used for pharmaceutical development and food safety. It is part of a $1,9bn turnover global organisation at the cutting edge of product development and specialist manufacturing. They now have an opening within the existing team for a Buyer / Planner.
- Responsible for procurement of new material requirements from existing and potentially new suppliers
- Plan, buy and monitor raw materials to support engineering projects and secure pipeline to support production at product release
- Represent the supply chain on cross functional new product development teams through all phases of the Product Development Process (PDP)
- Manage and influence key stakeholder relationships across manufacturing, commercial and NPD
- Analysis of existing and historical data and process information to continually develop best practice
- Support and implement buyer and planning strategy
- This role requires a good understanding of purchasing processes for precision electro-mechanical components and assemblies or a similar industry
- An ability to communicate effectively with customers, subcontractors and the in-house manufacturing / production / engineering teams.
- A solid understanding of the principles of material planning.
- The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail combined with an ability to consistently work to a high standard.
- A strong desire to drive improvement in a team environment.
- Familiarity with vacuum technology is desired (though not essential), perhaps gained through a similar role in the sub-contract manufacturing, aerospace or analytical instrument sectors.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.