Job Title: Assistant Senior Procurement Officer
Sector: Further Education
Package: £29 – 33,000 + benefits
A fantastic development opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional to join a high-profile UK University, supporting purchasing and contract management across a broad range of indirect categories.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with a solid base of procurement experience in public sector or higher education to join a thriving team and gain further exposure to diverse spend areas. You will continue to develop your personal skillset whilst being able to add immediate value to the team.
- Procurement and contract management in line with the Purchasing Policy, Purchasing Procedures and EU Regulations
- Liaison with stakeholders, offering advice on best procurement practice
- Obtaining tenders/quotations and leading site visits
- Providing the wider organisation with information on the Purchasing Policy, Purchasing Procedures, EU Regulations and advice on appropriate procurement methods
- Supporting the Head of Procurement in achieving the objectives within the Sustainable Development Plan and the Sustainable Procurement Policy
- Undertaking in-depth analysis of spend data to seek out opportunity for commercial and process improvement through effective utilisation of the e-sourcing system.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience in a strategic indirects procurement function with exposure to OJEU regulations and processes (preferably higher education).
- Experience leading and managing tender processes for projects up to at least £150-200k
- Strong stakeholder engagement and process management skills
- A strong record of delivering commercial results
- Good academic background including MCIPS part qualified ideally
- Confident, personable and resilient individual with excellent relationship build skills.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.