Job Title: Assistant Category Manager
Package: to c£34k p.a. + benefits
We are seeking an Assistant Category Manager to manage a small number of spend categories to deliver robust in life management and exceptional value.
As the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years to improve their network and infrastructure – pipes, sewage treatment and clean water treatment plants, which are some of the biggest and most advanced in Europe. You will be joining at a time when the entire industry is transforming towards a more competitive market – the biggest change since privatisation.
As Assistant Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Support in the identification of pipeline of strategic sourcing and contract management initiatives for specific category areas
- With support ensuring preparation and execution of structured, mutually beneficial and sustainable negotiations
- With support ensuring contract management initiatives provide rigorous cost and market analysis
- Delivering maximum value from all third party spend within their portfolio, realising benefits
- Drive supplier performance through robust management and alignment with business objectives for relevant categories
- Proactively and transparently managing supplier risk through the enforcement of regulatory and internal standards for all supplier relationships
- Ensure that EU procurement regulations and rules are observed during contract management initiatives for your categories
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external), with support owning and developing stakeholder engagement plans to drive collaboration and cohesion
- Support the delivery of key targets including improving FA compliance and reducing tail spend
The Assistant Category Manager will have:
- Experience in a commercial role, particularly experience of working in a benefit driven organisation
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Good understanding of basic negotiation tools and techniques and can apply with support
- Evidence of good communication skills and customer service ethic
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or working towards
- Ideally Degree educated or equivalent
- Evidence of leading small low complexity projects
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.