Job Title: Procurement Specialist – Capital Projects (Construction)
Package: £44-55k+ benefits
Our sector leading Utilities client is seeking a talented, experienced Procurement Specialist for the Capital Projects / Construction category with a background in complex strategic procurement. A challenging and diverse purchasing role with excellent career progression awaits the successful candidate.
As the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater Company, our client services 15 million customers where investment has averaged over £1 billion in recent years Its an exciting and challenging time for our Commercial team, our business as a whole and the water industry. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects we will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
The Sourcing Manager/Procurement Specialist will:
- Support on major capital infrastructure (construction) projects developing innovative and compelling sourcing solutions that deliver best value.
- You will be accountable for establishing effective working relationships with both key stakeholders and the supply market and also ensuring full compliance with EU procurement regulations.
- You will have the opportunity build rapport with senior management and take ownership of your projects, seeing it through from beginning to end within a defined set of smooth processes.
- Working with stakeholders on the responsibilities for contract launch and prepare for handover or ongoing Contract Management of the Construction delivery contract management as appropriate, ensuring value is delivered through the full project lifecycle
- Effectively consider and manage through each initiative: sustainability, innovation, risk management, collaboration, health and safety & well-being.
- Implement stakeholder engagement plans at an individual level and participate in team level stakeholder engagement plans over a long period of time in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Apply a creative and agile approach to negotiation in order to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions whilst independently leading complex and sometimes challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion. Thinking creatively about variables that can be traded to optimise the outcome.Key skills required:
- A strong strategic procurement background from complex environments with demonstrable knowledge of capital projects and construction procurement.
- The ideal candidate will be a resilient, tenacious, self-starter with outstanding commercial awareness and hunger for best value.
- You will be influential and engaging with your approach to stakeholder management; building trust and have ability to run independently a sourcing project, conduct negotiations and make decisive, informed decisions.
- You will ideally be experienced in working on projects with a keen analytical mind and excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills; you will be able to show examples of an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition.
- Ideally educational achievement to Degree level or equivalent e.g. CIPS
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.