Job Title: Interim Procurement Specialist – NEC3
Package: £45-£50 per hour
Duration: 18 months (to 01/07/2019)
Experienced Procurement Specialist required for long-term interim contract with our Industry leading client in North West to drive operational execution of NEC3 procurement projects delivering cost effective & technically efficient supply solutions.
The Procurement Specialist will work with key stakeholders, account teams and suppliers to drive operational execution of NEC3 projects, bids and other critical business activities.
Your responsibilities, main duties and activities will include:
- Close involvement with suppliers & stakeholders to identify and implement the most cost effective and technically efficient supply solutions in respect of cost, performance, product and/or service quality and programme;
- Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project and/or programme deliverables;
- Leading negotiations with suppliers to ensure that the most cost effective supply solutions are obtained;
- Ensuring that the Company’s commercial position is best protected and is properly reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders;
- Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project programmes;
- Leading or supporting supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives;
- Monitor and track personal performance against functional targets to continually improve value and performance in procurement activities;
- Close liaison with Quality Assurance, Project Management, Engineering and Planning on all aspects of supply chain activities.
- Ensuring a strong health, safety and environmental ethos is applied throughout the Company’s supply chain.
- Support the development and execution of a Segmented Supplier Relationship Management strategy that; improves supplier performance, develops critical/strategic relationships, attracts innovation, reduces risk and contributes to the growth of the value delivery plan.
- Support the development and execution of a Category Management strategy that contributes to the growth of the value delivery plan, optimises the supply base, builds communities of practise and delivers superior results from sourcing and supply management.
- The timely engagement in project or business planning activities so that effective and efficient supply arrangements are in place from the outset.
- Tangible value is secured in terms of cost avoidance, direct cost savings, improved timescales and revenue growth as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have experience of:
- Planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier performance and scheduling of deliveries;
- Managing complex contracting and sub contract models, including management of flow-down matters. Experience with the NEC3 contracting model is highly desirable;
- Working in a major engineering based industry, with a focus on major projects, such as nuclear, construction, aerospace and electronics, engineering, manufacturing or M&E, oil and gas, plant and equipment, power and process, or transmission and distribution;
- A reasonable understanding of cost models/business models particularly in relation to the NEC models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and valuations and supplier costing models;
- A good understanding of contract terms and conditions and an ability to draft subcontract terms as required and appropriate.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent. Corporate membership of CIPS is highly desirable;
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and some experience of stakeholder management as well as influencing skills will be essential;
- A sound understanding of end to end sourcing and supplier management processes together with an ability to identify and capture incremental value in an operational working environment.
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.