Job Title: Head of Contracts
Sector: Public Sector
Package: salary up to £77,425 + £3,216 location allowance + benefits
Do you have strong proven commercial management skills & experience combined with the ability to develop excellent supplier relationships & implement best practice to extract maximum value from high profile complex third party outsourced contracts?
Our client, a prominent & highly commercial Public Sector services organisation in London is looking to appoint a Head of Contracts to implement best practice commercial contract management across a number of high value high profile strategic third Party outsourced contracts. Through commercial contract management you will drive innovation and continuous improvement whilst delivering value for money and managing risk through informed and reliable judgement.
You will be responsible for delivering quality outcomes to meet strategic objectives, driving local performance, delivery and strategy, managing streams of activity and aligning to corporate objectives where relevant. You will ensure a high quality service, balancing the needs of customers and stakeholders and be able to adapt and respond to shifting priorities, dealing with complex challenges, engaging with root causes and managing solutions.
- Commercially astute with an in depth understanding of Contract Law and be proficient in the purpose, composition, interpretation, management and enforcement of complex outsourced service agreements/contracts/frameworks
- Proven track record and detailed understanding of contract management processes, complex performance management regimes and incentivisation mechanisms
- Experience of the development and implementation of Supplier Relationship Management strategies
- Experience of negotiating and managing large scale complex contracts – outsourced
- Experience of commercial management and delivery at senior level
- Experience of developing, delivering and implementing contract management plans
- Strong procurement understanding including Public Contract Regulations and standard sourcing methodologies
- Strong project management capabilities gained through practical professional experience
- Operationally effective – proven delivery of quality outcomes to meet strategic objectives
- Organisational Influence – provides strong leadership and develops effective strategic relationships
- Able to provide leadership and market insight to ensure that it achieves maximum value for money & mitigates risk
- Able to interact and effectively influence senior stakeholders to build collaborative partnerships where appropriate and engage with users to understand requirements, influence decision making and effectively question and challenge users (act as a “critical friend”)
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate, manage and coach direct reports to deliver specific tasks, embracing the use of Personal Development Reviews to manage and enhance performance
- Generate effective solutions to complex problems, resolving queries and complaints
- Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organisation and externally
- Experience of dealing with complex demand challenges in a complex operational environment
- Exhibit the ability to effectively communicate and report (verbal and written)
- Possess a relevant higher level qualification or equivalent experience.
- CIPS/IACCM/Commercial qualification
Due to Security vetting, all candidates MUST be eligible to work in the UK and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Limited (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.